Thursday, August 19, 2010

What to do with this

I made this blog a few days ago, but I haven't really come to any conclusion as to what to do with it- that was, at least, until now.

I've decided that I'm going to use this for school. Record assignments, my reflections, and what I work on for this semester.  Well, for the most part, probably. Perhaps random things will be included as well, but this shall be mostly about school things.

Classes start Monday.


This semester I am taking Language and Power with Aurolyn Lukyx, 17th Century Prose and Poetry with John Dick, Accelerated Latin One with Bruce Louden, Math in the Modern World with Walter Bales, Beginning Fencing with Marietta Towry, and Introduction to Psychology with Jennifer Louden.

Language and Power is my 'random' class of the semester. I am still not sure what it is about because I am hoping to be surprised. I'm hoping it will turn out interesting. (Perhaps, as I told a friend, I will fall into a world very similar yet not quite our own, and it will be a class to learn magic or the words of creation or some such. That however is a long shot and very unlikely.)

Latin is Latin. To fulfill the foreign language. Maybe it will turn out useful in a practical manner and help me learn Spanish.

SCPP is because I enjoyed the class I took with Dr Dick last semester that was focusing on the 16th century, and there was space available, so I leapt at it. If Espinosa had classes available that were not the one I had taken with him already I would have gone for him again as well, but alas.

Math in the Modern World is, as I understand it "Math for English majors who make people who enjoy math very sad indeed".

Fencing is fencing and will involve me being poked with a foil and will hopefully involve exercise.

Intro to Psych is a class I did not do very well in the previous Fall semester so I will try to do better this time.

Hopefully I will not be disappointing myself or others with this semester's classes. Because that is a terrible thing indeed.

Beyond classes, quizzes, exams, and essays and various things of that nature, I will also be attempting NaNoWriMo in November, as well as trying to do things like working, trying to be active on campus, attempt to give teachers books to read that I personally enjoyed and may or may not be relevant to the class at hand, and staying alive. This last one is probably mandatory and so I will attempt to not get run over by buses or cars or even the trikecyclethings that the campus police use.

Death is not a part of the plan, nor shall it ever be.

NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month, wherein one tries to write fifty thousand words in the month of November. If  I combine careful organisation with no little lollygagging and the Write or Die program, I should be able to manage.

If anyone's found this blog through googlesearching for any of those instructors, hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment